Monday, February 22, 2010

Chapter 16 and 17

In the chapters sixteen and seventeen of The Omnivore’s Dilemma, Pollan talks about what the dilemma is for an omnivore and the ethics of eating animals. In the sixteenth chapter he goes into detail what the omnivore’s dilemma is to him and I would agree with him. He believes because we know what to eat and what not to eat, we are in a dilemma on choosing what to eat. I agree with this because I always think and choose carefully what I want to eat and sometimes that can be hard to do.
In the next chapter Pollan talks about the ethics of eating animals and if it is ok to eat them. Pollan thinks that as long as the raising, slaughtering and eating is done in a humane way then it is ethically alright but if this is not done then it could mess up the ecosystem somehow. I agree when it comes to the raising and slaughtering that it needs to be humane and clean but how do you humanly eat an animal? The only way I can think of is to cook it and season it just right. I think would be hard to survive if we didn’t eat animals like cows and chickens.

No comments:

Post a Comment